Artisan Children’s Theater
announces auditions for
Curious George - The Golden Meatball
Music by John Kavanaugh
Book and Lyrics by Jeremy Desmon
Based on the books by Margret and H.A. Rey
and the Play, Owned by Universal Stage Productions
Directed by Natalie Burkhart
Choreography by Jennifer Leyva
Music Direction by Noël Clark
Everyone's favorite mischievous monkey and his friend in the yellow hat sing and dance up a storm in this adventure-filled musical!
AUDITION DATES: Monday, February 19 from 4:30pm-6:30pm (Songs and Sides) and Tuesday, February 20 from 5:00pm-6:00pm (Dance) **
**Actors must attend both days of auditions.
· To audition, please schedule an appointment by clicking the following link: http://www.meetme.so/ ArtisanChildrensTheater
· Audition form and more information on line at: http://www.artisanct.com/ auditions
· Song/Sides auditions will be held at Artisan’s Rehearsal Hall at 404 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053. Dance auditions will be held at Artisan Children’s Theater located at 444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, TX 76053.
· Rehearsals begin Monday, February 26, 2018 and will generally be Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings, with some additional rehearsals on Saturday afternoons.
· Actors must be 12 years old to audition. (10-11 with director approval)
· Callbacks (if needed) will be Thursday, February 22, 2018 from 4:30-6:00pm.
PRODUCTION DATES: April 6-April 28, 2018
· Performances will be Tuesdays at 12:00pm, Fridays at 5:00pm and Saturdays at 10:00am and 12:00pm, with an additional performance at 10:00am on Tuesday, April 17.
DAY 1 – Be prepared to sing 16 bars from a Broadway or Disney song of your choice. No accompanist will be provided, so actors are asked to bring a CD with their accompaniment. Artisan Children’s Theater discourages the use of phones or other digital devices, so please bring your accompaniment on a CD. No singing a cappella please. Actors will also be doing cold readings from the script, so it is encouraged that everyone auditioning is familiar with the material. Audition sides will be posted on the ACT website prior to auditions.
DAY 2 – Actors will learn a brief dance combination and perform it in groups. Please be sure to bring clothes that you can move in. Dance auditions begin promptly at 5:00pm, so plan to arrive early.
Please bring your conflict information with you to the audition. It is critical that you let Artisan Children’s Theater know all of your conflicts at the auditions. Artisan Children’s Theater will be unable to accept conflicts after casting is done unless they are emergencies.
ABOUT THE SHOW:
Join Curious George, the inquisitive, lovable monkey-star of books, movies and the award-winning PBS television show in a brand new musical. Curious George: The Golden Meatball is a loveable adventure, specifically designed for young audiences, that is sure to leave them singing and swinging down the aisles.
All You-Can-Eat Meatball Day came just once a year. George had been waiting all month for that day, a day almost bigger than his birthday! On Meatball Day, George helped his friend, Chef Pisghetti, cook some delicious meatballs and serve them to the hungry crowd. But this year, the crowd had vanished! Something was keeping people away... something pretty big. And that something was Phinneas T. Lightspeed and his speedy Meatballs-o-Matic machine. In despair, Chef Pisghetti vows to cook no more. Determined to help his friend, George goes on a mission to enter the Chef's meatballs in the world-famous Golden Meatball Contest in Rome.
With every swing and flip, George takes the audience through a fun-filled adventure, in which he learns more about Rome... and meatballs... and the secret ingredient to cooking!
DANCE AUDITION WORKSHOP:
To help actors prepare for the dance audition, Artisan is offering a one-day audition workshop on Friday, February 16 from 7:00-8:30pm. Curious George Choreographer, Jennifer Leyva, will teach actors how to have a successful dance audition while also giving a sneak peek at the audition combinations. For more information, visit http://www.artisanct.com/ master-classes.
Hope to see you there!
444 East Pipeline Road, Hurst, Texas 76053
817-284-1200 | ArtisanCT.com